Kristie's Reviews > Malachim

Malachim by Naima Simone

Malachim
By: Naima Simone

4.5 Star Review by Kristie K.

A steamy, sensual, and sexy romantic suspense, Malachim is more than a heavenly body…

Danielle Warren is a survivor. Barely escaping her powerful and abusive ex-husband, Danielle is trying to start a new life in Boston, and she’s looking for a job. Something more than waitressing at the local diner, living off meager tips and minimum wage. Encouraged by her landlord and friend, she takes a leap of faith and drops her resume off at a local law firm. With her secrets tucked away, Danielle comes face to face with Malachim Jerrod, the man she will work for. Though Malachim harbors secrets of his own, his quiet strength, genuine kindness, and gentle care just may be her undoing. Is Malachim her avenging angel, her safe harbor? Or is she destined to live her life fleeing the terrors of her past?

Malachim Jerrod doesn’t trust easily. Burned too many times, he refuses to be taken as the fool again. When a curvy, petite, and gorgeous stranger with a voice for sin shows up on his doorstep asking for a job, Malachim can’t help but be suspicious. But, with his law practice in danger of falling apart, he is desperate enough to take a chance. Hiring Danielle Warren proves to be as frustrating as it is a godsend. With her quiet vulnerability, sensual voice, intoxicating scent, and haunted eyes, Malachim finds himself wanting to know her…in every way. When danger comes calling, Malachim can’t stand aside any longer. Will she reveal her secrets, and let him in? Or will she run away, leaving him shattered yet again?

The second in Naima Simone’s Secrets and Sins series, Malachim tells the story of one of four childhood friends that share a dark secret. Each of the four friends have their own crosses to bear, their own horrors and demons to overcome. Each story can be read as a standalone, though I don’t know that you will be able to read just one. I am a true addict of romantic suspense. Malachim’s storyline was right up my alley, picking up on every one of my addictive desires. Though I struggled at first, the storyline held my interest and before I knew it I was hooked. Ms. Simone wove a truly frightening, and utterly realistic web of danger, deceit, courage, and retribution. The character development was on point, giving the reader just enough to keep us wanting more. The plot and storyline were well conceived, and executed with great care to keep the reader in suspense. I was absolutely enchanted with Malachim, and his ability to completely open himself and surrender his body and soul to Danielle. To allow her the space and time she needed, and the way he laid himself out for her was OH SO HOT!!! The chemistry between the two was smokin’, but the tenderness was heart wrenching. A super sexy read, with all the makings of great romantic suspense. I would definitely recommend it, and certainly plan to finish the series! Malachim is definitely one heavenly body.

Kristie K

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malachim.

Finished Reading