Alisa's Reviews > The Confidence Effect: Every Woman's Guide to the Attitude That Attracts Success

The Confidence Effect by Grace Killelea

liked it

Good! I got this book from a friend. Grace's life stories and the clips from other notable women in business inspired me to plan and focus on my career more. It inspired me to take myself more seriously professionally.
This book helped me fully appreciate how society views women and how that affects us professionally. For instance, she writes about how women are made to feel inferior so they don't ask for raises and promotions the way men with confidence do. She even reaches into the area of women's physical appearance at work. She did it with enough sensitivity that it didn't come off offensive but jeesh, that's a tough area to tackle.
However, this wasn't backed by as much research as i would have liked. It was more general advice ("take yourself more seriously" versus "studies find that women who do this at work...").

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Confidence Effect.

January 31, 2017 – Started Reading