Sportochick's Reviews > Stealing the Rogue's Heart

Stealing the Rogue's Heart by Erica Monroe

A cute story about the working class in London. It's a pleasant change from all the prim and proper historical romance reads of late. The author puts together a plot of forbidden love between a crime lord's sister and a young man she befriends from a rival gang.

There are parts of this story that will warm the readers heart in regards to Mina's friendship with Charlie and how these two very different people meet and continue to be friends. With a wide variety of secondary characters several ones stand out with Cyrus, Mina's brother most prominent followed by Jane a close friend of Charlie's.

Though there wasn't a time that the story wasn't forward moving there were parts that I felt could have been written with more finesse thus making it more believable. Overall I liked the story and I would read more books by this author.

I give this 3-1/2 STARS for the certain parts of the story that could have been enhanced.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing the Rogue's Heart.

January 31, 2017 – Started Reading
January 31, 2017 – Shelved
January 31, 2017 –
99.0% "Love this story about the people on the streets."
January 31, 2017 – Finished Reading