Kathryn Zeuthen's Reviews > This is How It Always Is

This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel

F 50x66

This is my favorite book of 2017 so far. Just a beautiful book. I am grateful to have read this book. Wonderful characters that are truly relatable. I also have to praise her dexterity with dialogue. She has great comic timing and a gift for banter. I don't want to spoil anything because I was told to not read the flap on the book and just start reading and I am glad that I did. I can say that this is about family, marriage/parenting and being who you are meant to be. I loved all of the characters and appreciated how they dealt with the issues in this book. Regardless of if you have the issue that this family was dealing with, this book will make you a better parent. Willing to step back and see that we are all just doing the best that we can with the gifts of the children that God has given us. The title touches on this theme of how with each problem that arises, all we can do is try our best as parents and see what happens. And this is how it always is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This is How It Always Is.

January 31, 2017 – Started Reading