Dawn Yacovetta's Reviews > Where Destiny Plays

Where Destiny Plays by Regina Kammer

Jan 30, 2017

For me, this was the best and my favorite of the Harwell Heirs trilogy, and I found it almost impossible to put down, practically needing to talk myself into setting it aside in order to go to bed the evening I began reading it. Drifting through the end of the Victorian Era, this tale not only reflects the genuineness of the time, giving kudos to the author’s extensive research, but I found some moments deliciously erotic, with instances of enchantment and pure delight. I felt myself angry with some of the characters who were a product of their upbringing and shedding tears for individuals in whose lives I didn’t realize I’d become so invested. All of the books in the trilogy ended well, but this happy ending was one I was thrilled to read and rounded out the series with perfection.

Lavinia was a colorful supporting character through the series, but a part of me always felt the darkness that lurked in her background and wanted so much to see it culminating in something that gave her true joy. And Arthur’s story left me heartbroken in the previous book and wishing he hadn't had to experience the anguish life dealt him. Bringing the two of them together was nothing short of brilliance on the part of the author. The sex involved does not wash out the story itself but is an important part of history and our understanding of where some of our current ideology originated.

I am reluctant to give anything away but what I have already vaguely described, because it is so worth the read I could never do it justice with a summary. And I recommend the first two volumes be read before this one, as there are episodes between several of the characters in this one that cannot be completely understood without the knowledge contained the first two books. I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. Brilliant!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Destiny Plays.

January 29, 2017 – Started Reading