Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > The Impossible Boy

The Impossible Boy by Anna  Martin

Feb 02, 2017

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, blog-tour, arc-advanced-reader-copy

This blurb sounded so good and I wasn’t disappointed.

With a great sensitivity Anna Martin developed the topic and showed us how well a genderfluid character could get his book.

Stan is such a charming young man, I totally fell in love with him right from the start and I was sometimes a bit jealous of his pretty clothes and how he must look like in them. :3 I only say red lingery and furiously was searching for a fitting picture. :3

As a contrary to him there was the character Ben, a rocker-kind of guy, playing in an independend band which is trying to success, his “normal” job being a barkeeper. Ben is as natural charming as Stan, both are different but fit so well together. He never minds that Stan is loving wearing women’s dresses or other beauty products, neither is he disgusted, quite the contrary, he is totally astonished in a positive way and never saw anybody like stan before. You really could feel the feelings he had for Stan right from the start an I loved how well both fit together.

The first part of the book was very uneventful, it displayed the binding relationship between the both guys, and revealed a bit of Stan’s past.

The second part is the “darker” one, but though it was shocking in some parts it wasn’t that unexpected. At least it wasn’t out of character…

Stan and Ben have to go through a few rough times but it is so naturally displayed and the their affection and love so palpable you totally feel comforted and well with them. I had a great time reading the book and the charming minor character, for example Tone, Ben’s best buddy, improve the great book to its finest. :3

For this extraordenary book I can’t give anything than 5 out of 5 stars. I am fully aware not everybody will be as happy as me with the topic, with Stan as a character and maybe the events, but for me, everything fits. :3

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

The blog tour hosted by Signal Boost Promotions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Impossible Boy.

January 30, 2017 – Started Reading