Rebecca Jo's Reviews > Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus

Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman

Read 2 times. Last read January 30, 2017.

This one may have taken a long time to get through, but it was worth every page of reading.
We read this in our Bible Study group & it couldnt have been a better book to read together. It was challenging, & real. Showing truth in perfect wording - reflective of scripture & also of real life emotions.
I may be a little biased because Kyle Idleman is the pastor of my church, but its also why I love my church. It's just the best teaching of God's word. This book had that same sort of impact on me.
So many ideas in this book having us question, are we REALLY following God. Are we really giving all we can? Are we just a fan, or a follower? There's a big difference. Like Kyle says - a fan will sit in the crowd & paint their face & hold signs & buy all the merchandise. But will you give up everything you own & have & all that is in you for the team? Or at the end of every game, do you pack up & go back to your own life? ... following Jesus isn't about going back to your own life. It's trying to reflect more of His life.
I honestly can not say enough about this book & really recommend it for anyone who is searching for a heart that follow Jesus.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not a Fan.

Quotes Rebecca Jo Liked

Kyle Idleman
“The biggest threat to the church today is fans who call themselves Christians but aren’t actually interested in following Christ. They want to be close enough to Jesus to get all the benefits, but not so close that it requires anything from them.”

Kyle Idleman
“Fans mistake knowledge OF Jesus for intimacy WITH Jesus.”

Kyle Idleman
“Jesus doesn’t expect followers to be perfect, but he does call them to be authentic.”

Kyle Idleman
“Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ and author of the Four Spiritual Laws chose three words for his tombstone: "slave for Jesus".”

Finished Reading