Eliza's Reviews > A Little Something Different

A Little Something Different by Sandy   Hall

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-stars, below-average, owned, boring, young-adult, romance, reviewed

You might wonder how I can rate this so lowly if I read it entirely in one day. But that's just it. I was trying to finish quickly because I couldn't take it anymore. I was done with the mediocre writing, the bland and annoying characters, and the predictable ending that anyone could've seen coming.

This whole book just made me feel tense and indignant. Could Lea stop being so possessive? And could Gabe start acting his age - rather than behaving like a 10 year-old, all the time? Also, the other characters were ridiculous - they all acted and spoke the same way! So even though the book was written in fourteen different perspectives, it only felt like one.

Overall, this is not a book for someone looking for an "easy-read," like I was. The entirety of it is just pointless and not enjoyable. I only gave the extra half-star for the sheer creativity aspect. That's it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Something Different.

January 29, 2017 – Shelved
January 29, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 29, 2017 – Started Reading
page 0
0.0% "I needed something simple to make the wait for ACOWAR a little easier ... hopefully this does the trick."
page 0
page 41
15.07% "So...I'm not enjoying this at all. It's so boring."
April 29, 2017 – Shelved as: 2-stars
April 29, 2017 – Shelved as: below-average
April 29, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 17, 2017 – Shelved as: owned
June 27, 2017 – Shelved as: boring
October 15, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 15, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
January 24, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Andreea (new) - added it

Andreea Oh no - the idea of 14 perspectives was what made me add this to my TBR (after seeing you'd started it), but now I don't know...

Eliza Andreea wrote: "Oh no - the idea of 14 perspectives was what made me add this to my TBR (after seeing you'd started it), but now I don't know..."

That's why I read it, too. Plus, my cousins enjoyed it. However, it really lacked in everything - though, I wouldn't remove it from your shelf! Who knows? Maybe you'll love it. :)

message 3: by Choko (new)

Choko I am sorry it bugged you so much... I like the honest review though:-)

message 4: by Ketsyaris (new)

Ketsyaris Bracetty I can only imagine how 14 voices sounding the same can become irritating.