Emmi's Reviews > Chasing Shadows

Chasing Shadows by C.J. Lyons

Jul 25, 2011

it was ok
Read in July, 2011

This book had a pretty good story line, with plenty of intrigue and suspense, but it just wasn't for me. I like my RS steamy and intense. It was lacking both. The characters basically "fell in love" from afar over a 20 hour period. Now, I read plenty of books where characters meet and fall hopelessly in love within 10pages, and it makes sense even while it's unbelievable. This didn't make sense, their "love story" was supposed to be a main plot line but it felt like a forced after thought.

Overall, someone into romantic suspense for the latter part would probably appreciate this one more than I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Shadows.

Elizabeth (Liz) Emmi, who are your fave authors for the steamy and intense RS? Just curious;)

Emmi Elizabeth wrote: "Emmi, who are your fave authors for the steamy and intense RS? Just curious;)"

Srry it took me so long to get back!! Off the top of my head, Lori Fosters new series, Shelli Stevens(shorter stories), **Pamela Clare (iteam), ** Shannon McKenna, **Maya Banks (kgi)... do you have any suggestions? I'm always looking for new authors.

** my auto-buy authors

Elizabeth (Liz) I have loved Shannon McKenna since her very first book, Behind Closed Doors. I'm excited for her upcoming new book. I like Cindy Gerard a lot too.