Bookishrealm's Reviews > Owen

Owen by Kevin Henkes

bookshelves: books-read-in-2017, picture-books, animal-picture-books

I read this book as a part of the picture book challenge I am participating in on my blog. One of the categories was to read a book that is a book by Kevin Henkes so I decided to choose this book. If you're interested in the picture book categories I'll be reading from as part of the challenge be sure to check out the link here: 2017 Challenges.

This was such an adorable picture book and I loved the simplicity of the art. It reminded me so much of my own experiences with having that toy or blanket that you don't want to give up even when your parents just want to do something as simple as clean it.

Owen is the most adorable character I have ever seen. He just...ahhh I can't even find the words to describe the way I feel about him. I really enjoyed the writing style of Henkes as well so I know that I will be checking out more of his works sometimes soon. I don't know if I would necessarily recommend this as a read a loud simply because it's on the longer side and it may take to long to read for storytime; however, this is a great story to share with kids that are definitely going through the same phase as Owen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Owen.

January 28, 2017 – Started Reading