Laurel S's Reviews > The Secret of Platform 13

The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson

F 50x66
Jul 25, 2011

Read from July 25 to August 14, 2011

The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson is a book about a motley crew of rescuers who find that their mission to save their prince will not be so easy after all. The first chapter is about a prince that was born on a magic island hidden in mist. In a secret cove there is this kind of door called a "gump" that opens for a short time before closing again for 9 years. The little prince is lost on the other side of the gump in London and is stuck there for 9 years. The next time the gump opens there is a search party that is sent to bring the prince home.

This book is so good! I can read it over and over. I have red two of Eva Ibbotson's books before and loved them. I especially liked it because it was so creative,fun,and easy to read and cleaverly written.:)

I could never dislike this book.:0

I would recommend this book for 10-13 year olds. If you do not like fiction and fantasy,then do not read this book. If you do like fiction and magic then this is the perfect book for you.:)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Platform 13.