Joe's Reviews > The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O.

The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson

This is the most fun I've had reading a Neal Stephenson novel since SNOWCRASH. Co-author Nicole Galland brings a nice light touch to the proceedings so that it doesn't delve too much into technobabble. Witches, time-travel, and governmental bureaucracy all combine to deliver a thrilling read that I finished over a single weekend. GOOD STUFF!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O..

December 29, 2016 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
December 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
January 27, 2017 – Started Reading
January 27, 2017 – Shelved
January 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Morgannah Hi Joe! I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get your ARC? I have been trying to get one in all the usual places but am not having any luck.
Thank you! (great review by the way!)

message 2: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe Morgannah wrote: "Hi Joe! I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get your ARC? I have been trying to get one in all the usual places but am not having any luck.
Thank you! (great review by the way!)"

I'm a buyer at a book store and I get ARCs through my job.

Morgannah Thank you Joe, you can send it my way now that you are finished if you are feeling generous....I'm just saying. ;)

message 4: by Dreadalus (new) - added it

Dreadalus That's high praise, Joe. Stephenson certainly has been heavy slogging for a while now. Mostly enjoy Anathem, but skipped almost all of the Baroque Cycle. Seems like commercial success breeds some kind of editorial hands-off policy just when it's most needed to give the authors a good thrashing.

message 5: by Eloise (new) - added it

Eloise Flood I loved the Baroque Cycle but agree, you've got to be in the right mood, for the most part, to read a Neal Stephenson novel. This was a lot more of a page turner than they often are.