Marissa's Reviews > A Court of Wings and Ruin

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Recommended for: SJM fans
Read 3 times. Last read December 31, 2018 to January 12, 2019.

And because we all need another review of ACOWAR, here it comes!

Let me start with, this book was action packed, and exactly what fans of SJM could hope for... and yet, I think I loved ACOMAF more.... Don't hate me!

Alright, let's get to it... ummm I don't think I have spoilers for this book, but I'm probably gonna spoil some of the first two books... fair warning...

We get to see what happens to Feyre as war sweeps into Prythian, and as a result, readers get the chance to see how, when there are only two options, people can decide to push through their fear, grief, and tragedies to work towards something better for the future.

The entire Court series deals with depression and loss, even PTSD, in ways most fantasy books ignore. It's a serious issue that impacts each victim differently and takes patience and time to heal. It's hard to comprehend, as it can manifest so differently. As the series goes on, readers quickly realize just how many of the characters are in different stages of their own battles, and as Feyre steps more and more into the world, allowing new people into her heart and life, she realizes she is the only one who knows hurt and loss. And that helps give her motivation to hope.

And of course, there is a war!!! Umm... alright, I'll stop... just go read this book... or some of the other amazing reviews... I'll put a more in depth review on my blog... maybe...

I believe what makes these books worth reading is the character development and the attention to detail that makes SJM such an amazing author. Sure there are flaws, but it's a great ride.

By the end of the book I wanted more from Mor, Az, Tamlin, and Lucien... and to be quite honest, I'm pretty much done with Feyre & Rhysand's story... I know a total unpopular opinion...

And seriously, what is up with that last scene and Feyre's outfit choice??? Go back and read it, then tell me your thoughts ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Wings and Ruin.

Quotes Marissa Liked

Sarah J. Maas
“It'll be dangerous"

"Good. It would be boring otherwise.”
Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Wings and Ruin

January 1, 2019 –
page 85
January 4, 2019 –
page 197
28.18% "And this is where I started wishing the book wasn’t so long..."
January 6, 2019 –
page 665
95.14% "🖤💔😭😭😭"
January 12, 2019 –
page 694
99.28% "Oh man... this series... I still stand by Feyre being the most annoying heroine to ever be in a book series that ranks in my top ten 🤦🏻‍♀️"
January 12, 2019 – Finished Reading