Mackenzie Bibliophile's Reviews > From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella

From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella by Dani René

Not for the faint of heart! You’ve been warned! This book is so steamy you may need to shut the heat off. Even in the dead of winter I needed to open a window just to cool down. Skyla and Kael are HOT! With a capital H! I can’t get over these two honestly! The whole book! It’s not something that I would normally pick up, a gentleman's club with so many… well "gentleman's club" scenes and dark undertones, however I did and I loved it! I don’t think this bad boy… and I don’t mean Kael… is for everyone. Though I still recommend it to everyone to try it can be fun to broaden your book horizon. If you like the dark and edgy pick it up. If you stay in the light, still give it a try, you might be a vanilla girl like me and find out how fun the dark side can be. Being a prequel Novella we just get a taste of what is to come for these two and for the rest of the series, just enough of a taste to leave you begging for more!

Did I mention this read is hot? I can’t say it enough, Skyla and Kael are freaking hot. And foul mouth, Kael’s dirty mouth gave me chills. I could not get enough of this boy. A classic Dani Rene novel, it doesn’t seem to matter what her subject is she always succeeds in writing addicting men and intriguing females with such intense chemistry you can feel it through the pages. Their connection is intense, palpable regardless of how long they have known each other. You can’t deny that kind of connection.

From the Ashes is a beautiful, dark, and slightly twisted in its nature, though I feel that this book only scratched the surface of the twistedness that is to come from this series. I look forward to the darkness; I am ready to embrace it with open arms.
-Mackenzie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella.

January 23, 2017 – Started Reading