tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > The Psychosomatic Variations

The Psychosomatic Variations by John Berndt

bookshelves: ontology, politics

On the back of this bk it's categorized under "Ontology/Politics" - hence my presentation of it as such here. In the inside front cover is written "The author was very much influenced by the writings of Christopher Dewdney, Franz Kamin, and Henry Flynt." This small bk brims, this small hat brims over, this cup filleth over w/ ideas. It's been a while since I've seen any new John Berndt writing so I have little to compare this bk to - nonethemore, I'll make the shaky statement that this is the pinnacle of his writing. Many things are addressed, licked, hidden, turned inside-out & outsideways. Take this 'letter' excerpt:

"10 15 88

Dear Peter,

Long clause. Mistaken asumption. Question relating to a past identification of two with one. Chopping through the carts."

&/or this "Translators Note" sample:

"In "Translations psychosis", the possibility of viewing any mental act or corresponding real world phenomena as stable or rich with slate becomes the welding fine, sentence cleared, eh?"

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Psychosomatic Variations.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Grossi damn, this one sounds good. tENT, I hope they open up a bookstore somewhere based on all the books you're reviewing that are difficult to get one's hands on.

tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE It's just a little thing. I imagine one might still be able to get a copy from John. Let my reviews be a reminder that not EVERYTHING is available on the internet or republished. In fact, I suspect that most of what I find of special interest in my library is largely OP & likely to stay that way.