carol 's Reviews > Door One

Door One by Jasinda Wilder

6193301
Different, unnamed woman wakes in pitch black womblike room, finds candle, finds eight doors some resonate as evil. Has no memory of self or past, hence womblike, enters first door.

My first response had it been me would have been to turn and return from whence I came. The guy is scary, and sex takes place, and is borderline dub-con.
Sexual scenes, hot, masculine in the extreme, totally dominant, and she finds herself being taken, and in all responses, by having no say, hence despite her response I thought dub con.

I'm not sure what I think, intrigued, wonder where it's going, so will read on...some of this series is free at present, leaving the parts to purchase cheaper than the entire compilation...total around 600pages.

Three stars for sure, reasonably well written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Door One.

January 24, 2017 – Started Reading
February 20, 2017 – Shelved as: mind-fuck
February 20, 2017 – Shelved as: reluctantly-erotic
February 20, 2017 – Shelved as: sex
February 20, 2017 – Shelved as: short-story

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen Carol - what is "dub-con," please?

carol Lex wrote: "Carol - what is "dub-con," please?"

Dubious consent as in sexually. Non con...non consent.
He helped himself and she wasn't asked and didn't say no, and responded sexually, but consent is dubious. :)

Hope all well with you, Lex :)

message 3: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen carol wrote: "Lex wrote: "Carol - what is "dub-con," please?"

Dubious consent as in sexually. Non con...non consent.

Who'd a-thunk it? Not me, obviously... lol. Thanks for the definitive clarification!

carol Hehe, we live and learn, carpe diem my friend. Planning any vacations, email. I'm planning Norwegian Fjords and Flam railway :)