Dali's Reviews > Mister Moneybags

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

2209138

bookshelves: arc-read, contemporary-romance, published-2017, standalone

Charmingly fun, appealingly sexy and addictive. I couldn’t peel myself away from this story and just when I thought I had it all figured out the authors throw a curveball I never saw coming.

Successful businessman Dexter Truitt didn’t want to repeat the sins of his father and was focused on making a difference with his company, partially achieving this by hiding himself from the media. When he decided to “come out” and grant an interview, he never thought the journalist in charge of this article would confuse him for the messenger guy while stuck in an elevator.
“Sorry. It’s a technique I use to fend off the panic — screaming at the top of my lungs.”
“That’s the best technique you have?”
“I have a few different techniques. I can also massage my balls."
“Excuse me?”
“I have balls. Massaging them really helps.”
“Your… balls? You looked like a woman to me, pretty damn shapely from the back, at least.”
“They’re Boading balls. Metal meditation balls. I massage them against each other in a circular motion in my palm. It helps calm me down... I’m trying to find them. They’re somewhere in my bag.”
Without light, I wasn’t able to easily locate them. “Shit, where are they?”
He chuckled. “I have some balls you could massage if you’re in a pickle.”

It’s during this brief time that Bianca George from the Finance Times reveals how much she hates arrogant men like “Mister Moneybags”, her intended subject. Wanting to spend more time with her without the prejudice that his name and position carried with her, he flat out lies leading her to believe he’s regular old Jay, while going through with the interview via online chats at the same time.

He never expected the chemistry to be so good nor the connection he forms with her both as Jay and Dex. He certainly didn’t expect his feelings towards her to snowball together with the mess he was creating trying to pass a two men. How can he ever convince a woman with trust issues who detests liars even more than pretentiousness, to give him a chance once the reveals his secret? What will happen when Bianca reveals the reason behind her desire to interview the elusive Dexter Truitt?

I enjoyed this book so very much. I had only read books by Vi Keeland, never by both her and Penelope Ward, but I’m adding definitely them to my list. I got hooked right from the start by their lively and funny exchange and then I couldn’t put it down because I was smiling and relishing their complicated romance while trying to figure out how they’d overcome the truth.

The story reminded me of the movie “You’ve got Mail” with Tom Hank and Meg Ryan. I loved the flirty yet intimate text exchanged between Dex and Bianca as much as banter and chemistry between her and Jay. Of course, they were the same man! But just when I thought I had it all worked out, this amazing writing duo threw a gigantic curveball I never saw coming. Together with a great plot, the pace is perfect (I gobbled it up in a single sitting) and the characters are very appealing.

Dex in particular is the kind of book boyfriend I love. A little flawed but with so much depth and substance that you can’t help but fall completely for. He has a sexy dirty mouth, is completely adorable while trying to figure out how to get out of the mess he created –I have three words for you: dog walker and whittling–, and utterly sweet and swoon worthy when given the chance. I like getting to know layered characters but mostly I like it when I get invested in their story as it takes me on a journey where I can see them grow.
“There’s a first. Not sure a woman’s ever called me sweet before.”
“That’s the thing with you, Dex. On the outside, you appear to be something very different than what I keep catching glimpses of on the inside.”

There’s so much about the book that stands to be shared and I would love to, but I think you’d get bored with my account instead of the actual thing. So I’ll just wrap up.

Mister Moneybags is a standalone contemporary romance co-written by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. It’s funny, sweet, sexy and heartwarming. A must read for romance lovers. It’s told from both points of view with a happy ending.

Amazon -> http://amzn.to/2oPOtrV

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author via InkSlinger PR. The excerpts taken from that copy. *

More reviews * Stalk us on FaceBook * As well as Twitter * Pinterest Board for Book Teasers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Moneybags.

January 24, 2017 – Shelved
January 24, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 9, 2017 – Started Reading
April 9, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-read
April 9, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
April 9, 2017 – Shelved as: published-2017
April 9, 2017 – Finished Reading
April 11, 2017 – Shelved as: standalone

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Candace Excellent review, Dali! :)

Dali Candace wrote: "Excellent review, Dali! :)"

Thanks Candace :)

Sophia Triad Great review Dali ❤

Dali Sophia wrote: "Great review Dali ❤"

message 5: by Alp (new)

Alp Wonderful review, hon! xx

Dali Thank you so much Alp!

yasmin Awesome review, Dali!

Dali Yasmin ✨ wrote: "Awesome review, Dali!"

Thanks Yasmin :)

message 9: by Evgeny (new)

Evgeny Nice review Dali!

message 10: by Dali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dali Evgeny wrote: "Nice review Dali!"

Thank you Evgeny!!!