Gin's Reviews > Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey with His Wordless Daughter

Schuyler's Monster by Robert Rummel-Hudson

Mar 29, 2008

Recommended for: anyone, especially those who work with children
Read in March, 2008

I've resisted buying this book until now because I've followed the author's blog for nearly 10 years. But I didn't resist because I knew the story. Instead, I was afraid in the editing, the author's voice would be lost. It wasn't. Rob is there with his quirky, twisted mind still intact, and so is his deep love for his daughter. Excellent book. Well written and a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schuyler's Monster.

Horacio Castillo From a discussion with the "author" in a blog about the language used in "Schuyler's Monster", my answer to his non-existent argument (basically he went to say "We have to agree to disagree"):

Rob - No, I do not agree with you (not even in the disagreeemnt) since the language to express to refer to your daughter is disrespectful and what you have to say in your book adds nothing to a serious discussion to the topic... only a narcissistic view of seeking comfort in self-indulging and self-pity which is, truly, ridiculous.
Also, if you don't agree with what other people have to say about your pamphlet, don't look into publish your garbage again