Anna's Herding Cats's Reviews > Tougher in Texas

Tougher in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (live 8/1)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2rrLdRC

Kari Lynn Dell has won a place on my cowboy loving bookshelf. Damn, but, she writes a delicious cowboy and a damn feisty cowgirl. Tougher in Texas...blew me away.

Basically, Cole runs a rodeo. And has just fired yet another pickup man. Something he kinda needs to keep his rodeos running. And so his business partner makes good on her threat and sends a certain replacement he can't fire and who happens to be his worst nightmare. A pickup woman named Shawnee who drives him just a little bit insane. And enjoys every second of it. And now they're trapped together on the road for weeks.

I LOVED Cole! Omg, yall, he's an amazing hero. And a little unique. He has Asperger's which makes social interactions a bit of a struggle for him. He can get overwhelmed, relies on repetition and other coping techniques to get through things and is very literal. He's dependable, honorable, takes care of his people. And I adored him. I would climb that hunk of cowboy like a freaking tree!

And Shawnee. She's brash, wild, outgoing and pretty much buttoned up Cole's polar opposite. And I adored her, too. She's a bit damaged and tries not to make connections with other people because of it. I hurt for her as bits of her past were revealed and some of her behaviors were explained.

And together. They were amazing. Centered each other, drove each other crazy, picked and exasperated but also got each other's issues and didn't have to be anyone they weren't when they were together. They were pretty dang steamy, too, once things heated up.

The rodeo aspect was fantastic as always. I love being on the side of the rodeo crew and not the competitors. It's really a different dynamic and so interesting. Seeing them set up, take care of the stock, working the rodeo events. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

All together I'm smitten. Kari Lynn Dell has me in a swoon over her cowboys and cowgirls and I can't wait for the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tougher in Texas.

January 24, 2017 – Shelved
May 13, 2017 – Started Reading
May 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tonya Gentry I'm starting this one now!

Anna's Herding Cats Eeee! I hope you love it. I just adored them.