Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Hipster Brothel

Hipster Brothel by K.A. Merikan

bookshelves: favorites, 5-stars-favourites

I saw this cover and my instant reaction was: “Ahhhh, yes, yes yes. This is something I need.”
I expected and hoped for great entertainment since I read the blurb, I had an almost goofy smile on my face because the idea was so funny and different that I had to buy AND review this book.
Luckily it was really entertaining for me. ❤

I almost can’t coherently express how much I liked Mr. B aka Bernard. He is so very fitting to the cover image, so there is no exaggeration. Mr. B – what a great, humorous way to name your hero – is a burly guy, wearing an impressive (full) beard, being covered with tattoos, smoking the pipe (this could be old fashioned, but no, this is actualy cool) and is a good mixture of trained muscles and soft spots – physically as well as according his character traits. :3 He is a charming, decent guy. Has a verfy tender and sweet side and is despite his appearance vulnerable. This side is shown early in the book when the reader get that Mr. B is suffering from this breaking up with his former lover Mr. A. (yes, again such a hilarious naming of the character, but it is explained in the book).

He has the fix idea to open up his own brothel. This fact alone leads to great laugher while reading But on the other hand you can totally expect the “lumberjack adventure” he offers. His ideas are creative and sometimes unique, often so sweet that it’s almost hilarious.

Along with him, Mr. B. has the constant support by his hipster friend Jo. A chinese guy with a men bun, wearing fancy, cool clothes and always looking stylish without putting too much effort in in. Jo is in his own way awww and you want to hug him as tight as Mr. B. He supports first his friend with his idea but soon isn’t too appealed. He knows how soft Mr. B is, so he doubt his friend can be the alpha lumberjack he tries to be.
Also Jo’s own worries are constant in his mind, since he only had heterosexual relationships so far and now lust over his best friend.

Both are a great pair and I love the mix of the burly, rough looking beard lumberjack kind of Mr. B and Jo, the hipster asian guy. :3 They must be such a great pair in looking and I went mushy when I read about Mr.B’s tender sides. :3
You really feel the connection and the fact that the two guy’s feelings are mutual but both are afraid to really talk about it, rise the tension.

Tender, soft, full of love and tough on the outside. Yes, this is how I love to have my “rough” guys. I have a soft spot for those kind of guys. :3

5 out of 5 stars

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hipster Brothel.

January 24, 2017 – Shelved