Anika's Reviews > A Conjuring of Light

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

bookshelves: favorites
Read 2 times. Last read October 10, 2018 to November 14, 2018.

First re-read: November 14th 2018
YOU GUYYYYS. This is the second time I’ve had to say goodbye to this series. I feel like I was much more emotional reading ACOL this time around because I just had a baby, so you know, hormones and junk. It looks like it will take me about a month to read a book now with this kiddo in my life. At least until he’s older, and I can put him down for longer than 2.5 seconds.

I love this series with all my heart. Something I didn’t mention in my first review was Alucard and Lila’s friendship. I’M OBSESSED. They’re just so good for each other and their banter and sass gives me life.

Anyways, I’ve said it already, and I’ll say it again. If you have not read this series, you need to. It’s too good not to. It’s the kind of series that will keep you thinking about the world(s) and characters for so long after. In the best kind of way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First read: March 17th 2017
This series. Are you kidding? One of the most incredible ones I have ever read.

I go back and forth on which character is my favorite. The fact that I can't fully choose says LOADS about the character development and the writing. ...I think I'm leaning towards Alucard though :):)

My sweet Holland. I loved getting to hear some of his back story in this one. My heart is aching for him and all the pain he had to go through in his life.

Lila, Lila, Lila. No idea how it's possible, but she was even more BA in this book than the first two!

Kell and Rhy's brotherly relationship will be something I always remember. Truly enchanting to read about<3

I will be mourning the end of this series for such a long time. I don't even know what to do right now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conjuring of Light.

January 23, 2017 – Shelved
March 14, 2017 –
page 326
March 16, 2017 –
page 476
76.28% "My heeeart :(:(:(:("
March 17, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
March 17, 2017 – Finished Reading
October 10, 2018 – Started Reading
October 10, 2018 –
page 23
3.69% "Let’s see how long it takes to re-read this with an almost three-week-old in my life 🤱🏼🤱🏼"
October 10, 2018 –
October 21, 2018 –
page 288
October 22, 2018 –
page 330
52.88% "I. Love. This. Book. So much. Just as good the second time around🖤❤️🖤❤️"
October 26, 2018 –
page 432
October 30, 2018 –
page 500
80.13% "Perfect autumn reading day with my smiley little man :):):)

"
November 12, 2018 –
page 583
93.43% "So close to being done. Suuuuuper hard to read with a newborn 😬😬"
November 14, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Scarlett✴17™ Good news is that I believe Schwab said she will be returning to the series.

Anika Aelin Of The Wildfire wrote: "Good news is that I believe Schwab said she will be returning to the series."

Yesssss! Threads of Power!! Soooo freakin stoked!

Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー A lovely and powerful review. So glad about your baby. Congratulations <3

Anika Jennifer (Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー) wrote: "A lovely and powerful review. So glad about your baby. Congratulations <3"

Thank you so much, Jennier!!! I love him so much 😭😭