Mollien Fote Osterman's Reviews > Butterfly Serenade

Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Rose
Whore. Slut. Tramp.

I don’t want to believe the words, but they’re true. Having sex with strangers temporarily affords me the necessary control to quiet the demons from my nightmares. But each unfulfilling encounter leaves me more emotionally empty than before. I’m trapped in a dead, brown shell, unable to break free.

Until the day he walks into my life.

Colin is everything that's good and pure–a beacon of light to my dark, lost soul. His music is a soothing balm, warming long-frozen places inside me. His kindness disarms me, making me long for more. But to have more, I’d need to reveal the horrors of my past.

And I can’t tell anyone. It’ll tear me apart.

Colin
I’ve been waiting for her all my life.

From the moment I laid eyes her, I knew Rose was my soul mate. I’m drawn to her inner beauty and yearn to show her the love she’s never known. The pain reflected in her lovely amber eyes rouses emotions deep within me, stirring the music in my soul and making my fingers take flight over the keyboard.

But Rose is a woman holding closely guarded secrets.

More than my next breath, I want to quell the haunted look in her eyes ... heal her broken spirit and make her whole again. She doesn't believe that's possible. But I won't give up.

Not until she lets me love her–all of her.

Warning: Contains graphic descriptions of abuse that may distress some readers.

Review:
This was a very intense, raw, emotional story about a young woman who suffered from brutal attacks from her stepfather and an amazing young man that helped her get past her demons. This may be a hard book for some people to read because of the content. The author doesn’t hold back in the descriptions of what Rose was subjected to and what she subjected herself to as a coping mechanism. The plot of this story mainly takes place on a college campus. Rose is a student studying nursing with her best friend. Rose is a troubled young woman who was repeatedly beaten by her stepfather and ultimately raped by him. Now she is on her own and trying to build a life for herself, but when nightmares plague her sleep, she goes out on the prowl looking for sex that she can control. When gentle, caring Colin enters her life he slowly brings back the beautiful woman that Rose truly is. The chemistry between Rose and Colin is loving, caring and beautiful. The pacing of this story was intense. It was emotionally difficult to read this well-written story. The ending was hard hitting and maybe a little over the top, but I did appreciate the HEA in the end. The characters in this story were very well defined. I felt like I knew and understood them. I did enjoy this story and I am sure that it is one of the ones that I won’t soon forget.
PLOT 5 Stars
CHEMISTRY: 4 Stars
PACING: 4 Stars
ENDING: 4 Stars
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 5 Stars

Review Copy of Butterfly Serenade provided by the Sweetly Sensual Romance I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Reviewed by Mollien from Alpha Book Club
description description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Butterfly Serenade.

Started Reading