Curtis's Reviews > Roadmap to Korean: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Language

Roadmap to Korean by Richard     Harris

This is a great text. The first four chapters in Part 1, on the history of the language and culture of Korea are priceless for anyone working with Koreans on a daily basis. I wish that I had read this 34 years ago. My life in the UC and relationships with Regional leaders might have been very different.

The chapter on High and Low-Context Languages gave me additonal insight into why the DP was written the way it was. It also clarifies why misunderstandings and conflicts so often arise. I highly recommend this book for anyone who works with Koreans whether you want to go all the way and learn the language or not. This book lives up to the high reviews it has received.

I have just finished Part One, and am really looking forward to getting into the nuts and bolts of learning the language. I also appreciate that the author includes the Hangeul spelling with his "English" pronunciation because I want to learn to read Korean as well as speak it. Thank you, Richard Harris!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roadmap to Korean.