KaRynn's Reviews > Mr. Darcy's Diary

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

Jul 24, 2011

Read in July, 2011

LOVED THIS. Pride and Prejudice retold from Mr. Darcy's perspective.
Here's a little sneak-peek:
"Wednesday 20th November

I rode out early this morning, without asking Bingley if he chose to go with me, for I wanted to be on my own. George Wickham, in Meryton!

It has robbed my visit of its pleasure. Even worse, I am haunted by a glimpse of memory, something so slight I can hardly be sure if it is real. But it will not leave me, and fills my dreams. It is this: when I rode up to the ladies yesterday, I thought I saw an expression of admiration on Elizabeth's face as she looked at Wickham. Surely she cannot prefer him to me!

What am I saying? Her feelings for me are unimportant. As are her feelings for George Wickham. If she wishes to admire him, it is her concern.

I cannot believe she will still admire him when she finds him out, and find him out she will. He has not changed. He is still the wastrel he has always been, and she is too intelligent to be deceived for long.

And yet he has a handsome face. The ladies have always admired it. And he has an ease of manner and style of address which make him well liked amongst those who do no know him, whereas I...

I cannot believe I am comparing myself to George Wickham! I must be mad. And yet if Elizabeth... I must not think of her as Elizabeth.

If she chooses to compare us, then so be it. It will prove she is beneath my notice, and I will not longer be troubled by thoughts of her."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy's Diary.