JoJo's Reviews > When Dimple Met Rishi

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

Apr 10, 2017

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary, own-voices, net-galley

Dimple and Rishi have been arranged to be married. They're complete opposites. Dimple doesn't like traditional Indian ideals and tries to stay far away from them. She's not interested in finding the perfect Indian husband. Her main priority is this awesome summer program where she can use her web developing skills. Rishi is a hopeless romantic, the perfect Indian boy, total boyfriend material. He can't wait to woo his future wife. Both of them are attending the same summer program because their parents thought it would be a great way to begin their arrangement. And adventure begins.

This book is everything I wanted and more. We have the trope of opposites attract, a swoon worthy romance, a strong independent female lead, a sweet and wonderful male lead, and enjoyable characters overall. Rishi Patel is what book boyfriend dreams are made of. The book is told in dual perspectives, which is great because you get to see what both Dimple and Rishi are thinking. They both have wonderful character development.

This book is about self discovery, love, and family. If you love contemporary romance novels you NEED to read this book. If you only read one book this year it has to be this one.

I received an ARC from the publisher via Net Gallery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Dimple Met Rishi.

January 20, 2017 – Shelved
January 20, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2017 – Started Reading
page 19
5.0% "This is my most anticipated read of the year and I just received an ARC of it. I'm so excited to read this! I had to dive right in."
page 44
11.58% "I love it already!"
page 71
18.68% "Rishi Patel is what book boyfriend dreams are made of."
page 132