Paige's Reviews > Mister Moneybags

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

bookshelves: arcs, favorites, laugh-out-loud, oh-so-sweet, romance, what-a-twist

5 "Identity Crisis" Stars

Mister Moneybags is another home run from Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. Right from the start I was enamored by Bianca and Dex. Their meet-cute was rom-com perfection and the burgeoning relationship between both Dex and Bianca and "Jay" and Bianca was sweet and intriguing. I was flipping the pages to find out just how it was all going to pan out and I was not disappointed.

Bianca is a journalist going to interview the mysterious wealthy business owner Dex Truitt. Before she gets there though she's locked into the lobby elevator with Dex but she doesn't know that. Once she refers to him as "Mister Moneybags", Dex doesn't want to ruin her opinion of him so he creates a poor, bike delivery alter-ego Jay. The connection between them sparks and he wants to see her again but he keeps digging himself a hole just a bit deeper. To counteract that he sets out to make her like Dex too. So while dating her as "Jay", he cancels his in person interview as Dex and begins an online interview process that slowly begins a relationship between both men. As both relationships unfold, Dex wonders how he'll ever tell Bianca the truth and Bianca wonders how she started falling for two men. But just as they start to unwind their twisted relationships, their relationship takes a turn neither could have ever expected.

I loved that Dex isn't the typical billionaire businessman. And I loved that Bianca wasn't enamored with Dex right from the start. The way their relationship unfolded. It kept me glued to my Kindle wondering how in the world this was all going to be okay at the end. And just when I thought I knew, BAM! I was hit with a twist that made me itchy to know more. I also adored that we got a bit of a goat cameo. This series of standalones are some of my favorites and I hope these two never stop writing together.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Moneybags.

January 20, 2017 – Shelved
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: laugh-out-loud
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: oh-so-sweet
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: what-a-twist

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Gawhhhh I can't wait to read this one too!! So happy to see you liked!❤❤

Paige Penelope and Vi are magical together!

message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS Fabulous review, Paige! I enjoy a Vi Keeland read, but haven't read a book she and Penelope Ward have written together. Guess I should ;) xox

Paige Yes, KAS! You need to :D Thanks, Sweetie!

Mali Chorky uh, every time I read:" she is a journalist, going to meet billionaire (because millionaire is too poor) I lose the will to go on! After 50SOG I think I read min 50 scripts with that plot!

Jasmin Jace Can't wait to read this one! :)

Paige Mali, it's really not at all about that so it really is different. :) But I get tired of certain troupes too so I understand.

Paige Jasmin, it's so good! Just a few days!

message 9: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Paige! :)

Paige Thank you, Aisling!