Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads's Reviews > Mister Moneybags

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

Vi and Penelope are what I consider the dream team author duo. Separately their books kick bookish ass, but together it's like magical unicorns are uniting while eating cotton candy and dancing in glitter gloss--it's freaking epic. It's almost as if they can do no wrong and I must admit that I am obsessed with their stories. When Mister Moneybags landed on my kindle I wanted to throw a full fledged party. I was that excited. So obviously, I started right away, diving in to see what angsty, romantic goodness they had conjured up this time and I'm glad to say they did not disappoint (not that I thought they would)!

Mister Moneybags is an angsty, wicked, delicious slow burn romance that had me on the edge of my seat. The twists and turns are crazy, so insane you never see them coming. I'm telling you, I was left gasping at what was in this book. I had NO IDEA that that (omg!) was coming at me. I almost died. DEAD. MY HEART STOPPED ** hahahahahaha--OK, I'm being dramatic! Again! :p **

Also, the swoon and romance in this is so real (shiver worthy real) and the feels are heart stopping and intense. My chest actually ached for these characters and I could not get enough of their story! It was downright unputdownable!

Dex and Bianca meet in an elevator, and while that's not an original concept, these authors put their 100% original stamp on the encounter. With witty dialogue you are sucked in as the elevator gets stuck, the lights go out, and a hilarious conversation ensues. One thing that Vi and Penelope excel in is dialogue that's sharp and smart while being funny and sweet at the same time. I absolutely LOVE that about this novel. Throughout there are moment of brilliance in the dialogue. You're either smiling, swooning, or feeling the achy feels in your chest as you read some of the conversations. Our first impressions of Dex and Bianca are perfect, endearing, charming, and immediately I found this couple absolutely captivating.

I also felt enticed by the premise. Dex lies to Bianca about who he is right from the start. She ends up thinking she's talking to a man named Jay Reed in that elevator, but instead she's meeting Mister Moneybags himself, Dex Truitt, who is also the man she's supposed to be interviewing.

The story that unfolds from that point was really awesome. It felt easy and swoony, with angst that kept me in it. I was addicted to knowing how Dex was going to untangle himself from the wicked situation he found himself in. I thought at that point, I knew where this story was going. However, I was WRONG.

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO WRONG!
SUPER WRONG!
UTTERLY WRONG!

If you think you are going to get a typical romance with Mister Moneybags, think again. The twist in this novel is JAW DROPPING. I was absolutely FLOORED by it! I didn't see it coming. Not even a little. I felt like this specific twist is what sets this book a part from many others.

It's a little painful, a lot cruel, and utterly forbidden. I couldn't look away. And it ate at me in the best, most magical way. It made this novel feel downright MEMORABLE. I will never forget a moment of it. From start to the finish it was intoxicating.

I really do think that Vi and Penelope have something super special together. Their writing flows seamlessly. I can't tell where Vi began and Penelope ended. Seriously. You have no idea who wrote what! The chapters, the words, the everything is all so fluid. I am IN LOVE with this novel, with these characters, and obviously with these authors. And I can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that they have another HIT on their hands. I don't know how they continue to bring fresh, fun, romantic, original and well written story lines, but I am in it to read EVERY SINGLE BOOK they put out (together and separately) as so many of my favs come from these two authors!

Once again, I'll say BRAVO! This is another MUST READ romance that will blow you away!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Moneybags.

January 20, 2017 – Shelved
January 20, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 2, 2017 – Started Reading
April 2, 2017 –
10.0% "Yes! Hell fucking yes! This is how you start a book! God! In it! In it till the end! :::shivers delightfully:::"
April 3, 2017 – Finished Reading