Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Clam Jam

Clam Jam by R.C. Boldt

"Clam Jam" is by author R.C. Boldt.
Published: January 10, 2017
Read: January 24, 2017
My Rating: 4.5
Cover: 3.5
Standalone
Told in dual 1st person dual POVs

Ha, ha, ha, ha, and ha! That was me through most of this book. Every once in a while a true cheesy romance comes along that I love to pieces. Add humor to the story.....I'm sold! R.C Boldt is a new author for me. That said, I really had a good time with Clam Jam. The dialogue was funny, witty and even silly at times. In addition, I love the secondary characters as well. (I hope they will get their own books) This book was steady to fast paced. A real gem and I had a hard time putting it down when 'life' got in the way.

The premise of Clam Jam is pretty obvious. However there is a delightful twist in which I found endearing. Of course there were lies and secrets but we knew about them from the beginning. I connected with so many aspects of this book. I too am from NY. I also went to catholic school and had a Sr. Kathleen in my life. In addition, I had a close friend that was gay. Ry said and did so many things that brought me back in time. So, yes, this book was the 'whole package' for me!

Ry and Maggie.....

In the first pages, Maggie walks in on her fiancé in HER bed with another woman. As usual when I read this cliched moment in any book, it gets me so angry. My reaction is always the same. First, I am sick to my stomach over it. Then immediately after recovering from that sickening moment, I'm protective of the heroine.

Ry was dishonest from the start. I understood why he lied about his sexuality and really?.....his reason endeared me to him. That said, I admit I was a bit frustrated that he took so long to find the courage to admit the truth. The longer it went on, the more I was sure that Maggie would be devastated. Yeah....that particular moment in the book was not my favorite.

Now that I've given you some insight, I'll explain the premise a little bit.....

Maggie needs a new roommate but is being extremely cautious in her selection. After meeting and interviewing several applicants she choses one who she believes will not be annoying, or a danger to her healing heart. And who better to fill those shoes but a gay man.

Ry is attracted to Maggie before they even officially meet. He wants to get to know her badly. Ry believes she might be 'the one.' Ry needs to find a place to live so when he realizes Maggie is looking for a roommate, he is determined to be that. However, Maggie is not trusting of heterosexual men right now. So he pretends to be gay.

Maggie and Ry become the very best of friends. Maggie loves her new best friend and loves even more how she can be herself around him. Ry loves his new best friend as well. However, he is IN LOVE with his.

What follows is fun and laughter (romance comes much later but is worth the wait). Ry 'clam jams'< Maggie at every turn. Every man she decides to try and get to know is either chased off by Ry or leaves with him instead of with her. Ry was outrageous. Y can only imagine some of the humorous lengths he went to, to chase away Maggie's romantic prospects.

I don't want to tell you how it all unfolds. It's pretty predictable. However I loved it all the same. Ry was a great guy. Maggie was a great character as well and I'm so glad I got to know these two. They were perfect for each other in every way. So if you're looking for a romantic comedy that will make you swoon as well as laugh and giggle often, Ry and Maggie's story is for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clam Jam.

January 19, 2017 – Shelved