Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > Naondel

Naondel by Maria Turtschaninoff

5 Words: Power, control, feminism, survival, magic.

I knew from the moment I read about the Naondel in Maresi that I had to know more.

This book is written in a slightly different style from Maresi, with the narrative changing at intervals between different characters. It still has the same feel to the writing, it's still quite blunt and in your face at times, but I loved it. I could easily distinguish between the characters - and quickly realised that I had a favourite. I just love Garai, okay?

I would definitely say to read this after Maresi, even though it is set before. It just felt more natural to read them in that order.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naondel.

Quotes Cora Liked

Maria Turtschaninoff
“I saw the same thing in him as I had seen in the eyes of the men who stole me and my sisters that night, and in the eyes of the men who had sold me for silver and gold: to them I am a thing.”

Maria Turtschaninoff
“The moment I become a burden they will do away with me. And I want to live.”

Maria Turtschaninoff
“A woman taller and stronger than them was not something they could tolerate.”

January 19, 2017 – Shelved
January 19, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 30, 2017 – Started Reading
March 31, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lizzie (Littlehux) Huxley-Jones My copy arrived this week too and I'm SO EXCITED

Cora Tea Party Princess Little Hux wrote: "My copy arrived this week too and I'm SO EXCITED"

I just want to drop everything and read it right now! But my currently reading is getting out of control again so I guess I should finish at least one other first..?