Lara's Reviews > Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders: Easy Everyday Meals from Around the World

Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders by Robin G. Robertson

bookshelves: read-in-2017, food, non-fiction, libraried, faves-from-2014

This one really surprised me! There aren't pictures of everything, maybe only every 1 in 5 recipes is photographed, but I actually didn't even care because the food all sounded so good (except for the section about the U.S.--what is up with those guys, ha! Although there is a recipe for mac and cheese in that section, so I'll forgive the fake chicken nugget things)!

It's organized by part of the world, and sometimes by individual countries, and includes so much that isn't super familiar here but which are typical dishes in those parts. I was super excited about the Japan and Korea sections because while I'm fairly familiar with all the dishes listed in those sections I'd given up on having them because they're traditionally so meat/seafood-heavy. I like that Robertson will include a meat substitute of some sort in many of her recipes, but will almost always offer up multiple other options, like tofu, seitan, beans, or just leaving it out entirely. She'll also say how to make the recipe gluten-free for folks who need that.

And the index section is great--there's a section that lists possible menus based on different countries or regions, as well as by type (like "Street Food Without Borders" which includes street foods from multiple parts of the world, or "International Soup and Bread Supper"), a glossary, and the index itself, as well as the typical weights and conversions chart.

Anyway, I will probably purchase a copy of this one at some point because I want to eat like 95% of the things!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders.

Finished Reading