Shantala (Shanaya Tales)'s Reviews > A Bollywood Affair

A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev

bookshelves: 2018, audiobook, debut, favorites, fiction, must-re-read, romance, strong-families

I loved this book. I have no idea why I waited so long to get to it, but I'm glad I finally picked it up. This was a beautiful, emotional, endearing love story which made me feel all warm & fuzzy, and reminded me (all over again) why I love this genre of romance so much.

I adored both Mili and Samir, and really enjoyed their friendship, their hilarious banter, and the sizzling chemistry that gradually developed between them. These were two people who were undoubtedly meant to be together, though I must say that their road to happily ever after, was full of Bollywood style drama & heart-rending angst. But then, the way I look at it, the whole Bollywood circus only made the conclusion all the more delightful and gratifying, which is exactly what you want in a romance.

Oh I have to say this, the narration was simply fantastic. It's been a long time since I have read a romance that has been this addictive, that it was almost unputdownable.

And no I wouldn't say it was perfect. There were places, where I found it a little too trope-y, too dramatic, a little stereotypical, and definitely over the top, but then how would it ever truly be A Bollywood Affair without most (if not all) of the above?

And at any rate, overall it was really adorable, enough to make me want to overlook all the small imperfections, and just revel in all the things that were amazing about this book.

All in all, it's a charming & heartwarming romance, which made my heart feel like a bag of mush, and left me with the goofiest smile on my face. So needless to say, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who loves a good Bollywood style romance.

- Shantala @ Shanaya Tales.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bollywood Affair.

January 17, 2017 – Shelved