Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > Frost

Frost by Marianna Baer

2201617
I was really looking forward to reading Frost. The cover for the book is amazing, and when I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read the book. The book was really different from a lot of what I have read so far, and I found it to be quite an interesting read.

The main character in the book is Leena. It’s Leena’s senior year, and all she wants to do is live in Frost House, and focus on her last year at the boarding school, which she’s attended since freshman year. I found Leena’s character at the beginning of the book to be very outgoing and caring. She loved to help other people, and seemed to have everything going for her. However, after moving into Frost House, getting a roommate that she didn’t want, and seeing weird things start to happen, we see Leena become a completely different person. We find that she has some major issues, and we find out exactly why she has these issues.

There are quite a few secondary characters in the book. Leena’s roommate, Celeste, definitely had me guessing throughout the book. I didn’t know what was going on with that girl. Celeste and her brother, David, have a really close relationship, in a way it almost seemed too close. Leena also has two other friends that are roommates in the house with her, Viv and Abby. I really liked Viv, and I liked Abby at the beginning of the book, but not so much at the end.

The storyline of the book is very eerie. At some points I was a little freaked out. The book is very quick paced; I flew through the book in very little time. I expected a little bit more of a climax at the end of the book, but thought it ended well enough.

Overall, if you like creepy books, you’ll like this book. I thought it was a good book; it was quite a different read for me. I’m really looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

Happy Reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frost.

July 24, 2011 – Started Reading