Lover of Romance's Reviews > Dirty Money

Dirty Money by Jessica Clare

Read 2 times. Last read June 19, 2017 to June 20, 2017.

This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Boone Price and his brother know oil like the back of their hand, and either by pure luck and chance, they struck gold with a oil well in the west of Texas. Now they have money in the billions. Boone is a roughneck, always has dirt and oil on him and doesn't care one whit for formalities or suits. But it soon becomes apparent he might need to polish his image a bit. But then he sees an ad of a realtor, a woman that is classy and he knows that she would be perfect for his arm. But when he first meets her, he sees something more than just a beautifully classy woman, he sees a woman that makes him laugh and has a charming personality and he only wants to see more of her. But Ivy is hiding a secret, that she not what he really thinks and she fears that she will lose him once he learns the truth...
Plot and Story Line
This story packed a punch, and what a entertaining and fun story I found Dirty Money to be. Jessica Clare always knows how to write a solid romance, but the humor is just spot on. It does have its outrageous moments that not everyone may be comfortable with, but I got a kick out of it. The story sets off with Boone not having the best experience with a "suit" and the way certain types of men treat him just because he has a more rugged look. Boone isn't ashamed of who he is, and doesn't want to have to change anything. Our heroine is a bit different. Ivy has worked hard to not appear to come from the life she has. Her mother left them, and her father got sent to prison and she was left to care for her sister. She was able to get her realtor licence while working two jobs just trying to make ends meet so that her sister could go to college. But as she tries to build a career as a realtor, her bosses keep taking all the good clients and she is barely making it by financially. And when Boone comes in, looking not like any client she has ever seen but she senses something about him that intrigues her and even though he is arrogant and outrageous she is charmed.
Boone, I don’t know that I’m the right realtor for you. It’s just…complicated.”

“Well, I think you’re the right one for me. I don’t want anyone else. I told you that.”

…I haven’t ever wanted anything as badly as I want this woman, and I feel like she’s dancing just out of reach. I need to figure her out. Figure out the right words that will unlock her reservations and make her fall into my arms.

I honestly couldn't could enough of Boone and Ivy, they are so much more like each other than they seem at first. Even though there is a "secret" aspect which wasn't my favorite part of the story, it definitely worked and I liked the complexities of how the story plays out in the end. The drama, the humor, the passion wins me over and guaranteed to win you over as well.
The Cover
I like it, but I do wish it had a more rugged look to it, since the cover doesn't really portray the hero very well. But I do like the colors and style of the lettering used.
Overall View
Dirty Money is a passionate romance that is lively, has its outrageous moments, and we see how these two compliment each other in different ways that turn out so well balanced. HIGHLY ENTERTAINING!!

photo Addicted To Romance Reviews 2_zpsplp8m0tb.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Money.

January 17, 2017 – Shelved
January 17, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 18, 2017 – Started Reading
January 18, 2017 – Finished Reading
June 19, 2017 – Started Reading
June 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’ I loved this book too. Can't wait for the next one!