Bec_BookMagicReviews's Reviews > Falling for the Best Man

Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby

Jan 16, 2017

4.5 Stars

Wanting to keep Wishing Bridge Farm in her family; the farm that she inherited with her two sisters, Emmy Watson is planning her first wedding as a wedding planner to be hosted at the farm. But with a hysterical bride, the groom's brother being a handful and the best man being her house-guest; a guest she'd rather not have, Emmy doesn't know whether she can pull it off or not.

Christopher Henderson can't believe that the woman he hooked up with two years ago is the wedding planner for his best friend's wedding. Either it's his lucky day or his worst nightmare, depending on her reaction to his news that he needs a fake girlfriend to land his dream job. Yet, when Emmy starts interfering in his chance at finding a fake girlfriend amongst the women guests at the wedding, he begins to realize that Emmy herself may just be the perfect woman woman for the job. Can he convince her to give him another chance, or will their second chance at forever after slip away?

This is the first book I've read by Ms. Ashby, and I've got to say that I absolutely loved it. Not only because it's a second chance romance, but because Emmy and Chris are two fantastic characters that hooked me from the moment they came face-to-face again for the first time in two years. Will she be able to handle the fact that he's the best man and will be staying with her at the farm? Will Chris be able to forgive her for the past when he learns the truth of why she deserted their plans?

As for the dialogue, it was intense due to what happens to Emmy's sister, and of course, the main characters back stories, especially that of the hero. He's an adventurer, never sticking to the one location very long, for fear he'll end up as bitter and unhappy with his life as his father was with his. He's also hard-working, confident and I liked how determined he was to find the woman that can help him achieve his newest career dream. Although, Emmy is good at thwarting his plans and those moments when she did made me laugh.

While Emmy, she was a wonderful heroine. She's strong and brave with how she handles everything thrown her way. She's also hard-working and I liked how determined she was to achieve her dream and prove to her sisters that the farm is important. That they should keep it in the family, instead of selling it. But what I liked most about the hero and heroine was the playful banter between them. Any time they conversed increased the sexual tension, which spilled over onto the pages sweetly In other words, closed bedroom intimacy.

Overall, Ms. Ashby has penned a really good read in this first story of her Wishing Bridge Farm series, which has me looking forward to reading Emmy's sisters stories when they're released. As both Bec and Piper, Emmy's sisters have returned for their own reasons; reasons that I desperately want to know what they are. The way this story ended made me want to scream at Emmy. Why couldn't she have both Chris and her dream? Yet, in saying that, I liked how she made things right with the hero. Because it was the only way they both could fathom how serious the other was about their relationship and that there's no way they'll let the other get away a second time. I would recommend Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby, if you enjoy the second chance romance trope or have read and enjoyed books by authors Marissa Clarke, Boone Brux or Teri Anne Stanley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for the Best Man.

January 16, 2017 – Shelved