Elisabeth Lane's Reviews > Seduction

Seduction by Calista Fox

Sometimes picking up a new-to-me erotic romance author feels like playing Russian roulette. There's a lot of stuff out there that's coercive or badly edited or just plain dumb. I am 1000% behind some sexytimes, but if it's erotic romance and not just erotica, I've got to have a plot beyond simple bonking. So I was very pleased with Calista Fox's MFM sexy contemporary, Seduction.

Liliana Hart has gone to work as a butler to two wealthy musicians who have known each other since they were child prodigies together. Lex and Jax have shared a woman in the past and they are working on releasing their first CD together since parting ways. There's some overarching tension between them that isn't fully explained until late in the book. The reason kept me guessing, but not in an annoying way. While the story is built around the burgeoning relationship, each member of the triad has grief to work through, giving it a hint of depth that was just right for this novella.

Despite being employed by the two eccentric performers, Lily can't help but be attracted to them. The three of them circle each other for 60% of the book, but it didn't seem repetitive or far-fetched. They manage to navigate a sexual relationship without making it seem sketchy that they're her bosses. So it's a slow-ish burn, but there was enough tension to keep me engaged.

Finally, where some ménage romances end up being all about jealousy or worrying about what the world will think of their relationship, there is absolutely zero reference to any of that in this book. It was refreshingly normal for a threesome to come together like they did. They even have acquaintances who are already in a triad and no one seems especially shocked, always a good thing in my book. Plus, for those who are tired of BDSM, there is none. Just good, old-fashioned, sexy threesome sex.

Seduction isn't especially ground-breaking, epic or unusually sexy (though the sex that's had is very hot), but it's a good, solid, hot contemporary in a market where it's sometimes hard for me to find new authors I enjoy. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more Calista Fox in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction.

January 16, 2017 – Started Reading