Julie's Reviews > Arizona Heat

Arizona Heat by Linda Lael Miller

bookshelves: 2017, e-book, contemporary-western, hqn, overdrive, romantic-suspense, paranormal-romance

Arizona Heat by Linda Lael Miller is a 2017 HQN publication.

Just for the sake of clarity this is the second book in the Mojo Sheepshanks series. This two -book series has been reissued with new titles and new cover art.

I read the first book, originally titled, ‘Deadly Gamble’, several years back and loved it. However, I never got around to reading the second book. When I saw this one on Overdrive, I checked it out without even reading the description because I read everything I can by Linda Lael Miller.

But, when I realized I had the second ‘Mojo’ installment I did a happy dance!! Yay!!

The book starts off on a very somber note, as Mojo attends the funeral of a murdered child. But, the thing is, the child’s ghost is Mojo’s constant companion and will be until her murderer is found out, something the newly minted detective is determined to discover, with or without the help of her boyfriend, Tucker.

To make matters worse, Tucker’s children were friends with the murder victim and are traumatized by her death, prompting him to move back in with this ex-wife temporarily, for the sake of his kids.

If that weren’t bad enough, Mojo’s sister is being blackmailed and her philandering brother-in-law is missing.

I am so happy Mojo is getting a little added time in the spotlight. I would love for Linda add more books to this paranormal romantic suspense series. It is so good!!

Mojo is a terrific character, strong, yet conflicted, determined, but vulnerable, but most of all she’s smart and compassionate and will eventually make a very good detective, especially if she continues to receive help from the other side.

The book is fast-paced, with a touch of screwball humor here and there, as well as a super sexy and steamy romance filled with just the right amount of conflict and angst. The story has heart and emotion as well as suspense and action.

I don’t know why the series stopped suddenly because there is lots of room for character and relationship growth and the ending did hint at future installments which really has my curiosity peaked.

You will want to pick up the first book, ‘Deadly Gamble’ published in 2006, or the newly released digital version of the book, ‘Arizona Wild’, before starting this one.

I highly recommend this series to lovers of paranormal romance and romantic suspense and maybe even to those who enjoy contemporary western romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arizona Heat.

January 15, 2017 – Shelved
January 17, 2017 – Started Reading
January 20, 2017 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense
January 20, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
January 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Loved your review Juie! Glad this was a five star for you!

Cheri I wonder why she never wrote anymore? I heard once that it depends on the agent & publisher if they want a series to continue.......what a shame for us readers :(