Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Deadmen Walking

Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon

bookshelves: reviewed

So usually when I pick up a Sherrilyn Kenyon book I know well in advance who the main characters - the hero and heroine - are going to be. Usually, either by following Sherrilyn on Facebook, checking Goodreads or Amazon and reading the blurb of the book or visiting the Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Hunters website.

However, with Deadmen Walking, I didn't read the blurb.
In all honesty, I'd just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and was feeling like reading a book that I could easily imagine existing in the same world as Captain Jack (lol!) Sparrow.

What do you know?

I was surprised and astounded by the book.

The hero of the book, Captain Devyl Bane, was exactly who I thought the hero of the book would be, but the heroine took me completely by surprise. For the first half of the book, I really thought that the heroine of the story was Cameron Jack.

Well, smack me upside the head when it turns out that the woman for Devyl Bane, who he's been secretly head over heels for, is Mara - the woman who I thought he couldn't stand or abide. But you know what they say, it's a thin line between love and hate.

Although their relationship took me somewhat by surprise, I did thoroughly enjoy watching them grow closer together.

With every book set in the Dark Hunter Universe, even those set in the past, I feel as though events happening in the books are set to impact the future in big ways.

Oh and Thorn, I think this book especially, is gearing up for Thorn's eventual story.

For fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, this book is a definite must and also, I have theories on who Thorn's lady love will be, so feel free to connect with me if you want to talk more Dark Hunters.

Find me at:
Bingeworthy Book Blog
On Facebook
On Twitter
On Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadmen Walking.

January 15, 2017 – Shelved