Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)'s Reviews > The Knight of Disks

Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch: Mindy
See Mindy’s Blog Review Here

BUY THE BOOK

This was good, but I'm still left with a TON of questions. The Knight of Disks really only answered one question for me.... Rory.

Caprice is still a badass and has a lot of personal growth. She is making friends but still reminding them who she is at her core. Although, I think she is a hero trapped in a villains body. LOL! Caprice would totally gut me for saying that.

description

So, this story took a left turn for me. It was good and exciting and had a lot of action, but it seemed like the story got a mind of its own and it was difficult to figure out where to go. I'm talking about the Green Meanie, Pangea.

description

The story was all about her. Pangea this and Pangea that. Here a Pangea, there a Pangea, everywhere a Pangea. This bitch was literally everywhere and was... well... a bit underwhelming. I wanted to know more about Caprice and what is locked away in her head. I feel that we are even further away from unlocking the mystery that is Caprice.

description

I guess I'll have to wait for that. Anyway, Caprice the Villain makes a deal with a White Hat to save her city. Ahem... hero.... Well, she rallies the other villains for a once in a life time deal that is very difficult to pass up. The catch, you have to battle Pangea and you have to trust that the White Hats wont fuck you over.

description

There was this guy, named Lethal, (I think) and he made me laugh. He wasn't in the story too much, but some of the stuff he said made me giggle a little.

God damn fucking puke fuckers making me come to this stupid dark shitty plant cave, he grumbled to all of us. What in the shitty ass hell was I thinking about? Going to get cock smoked here by these doorknob fucking shit gobblers, I just know it. Fuck me through a rotating pastry with a chainsaw! All of them are asshole tuna queens! Why did I ever….

There was some sex in the book, but not a lot. And to be honest... I'm happy about that. I've personally been in a book funk and I really enjoyed the action/adventure of the story rather than the sexy side. But the sex that's in here, is really great. :)

For me... the ending was anticlimactic. I was really expecting a lot more. Maybe that's the book funk still lingering, I dont know.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. This author is an instant buy for me. She is great with world building and I really enjoy every trip I have taken into her twisted mind.

BUY THE BOOK

Click below for more Naughty Book Snitch reviews
NBS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knight of Disks.

January 14, 2017 – Started Reading
January 14, 2017 – Shelved
January 14, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 14, 2017 – Shelved as: i-own-kindle
January 14, 2017 – Shelved as: favorite-author
January 14, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "LOVE this series! \nexcited"
January 15, 2017 –
44.0% "Oh Caprice.... \n\nemotional"
January 29, 2017 – Shelved as: fantasy
January 29, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal
January 29, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
January 29, 2017 – Shelved as: superheroes
January 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Alana (new)

Alana Melos Not further away from finding it, just had to finish setting the scene and introducing all the players. Although I'm not quite certain when or where exactly those answers you seek will be revealed, I KNOW they are in the next three books. Sometime.

I'm also pretty sure you'll get to meet her parents here too. Not 100% on that yet, but say... 70% sure.

At any rate, thank you for the lovely review and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D

message 2: by Alana (new)

Alana Melos Also, PS, I'm glad you enjoyed Lethal.

message 3: by Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch) (last edited Feb 05, 2017 05:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch) Alana wrote: "Also, PS, I'm glad you enjoyed Lethal."

But... but... I want to know now :( I know its got to be something HUGE! Like... she got the meaning of life or something crazy locked in there or she knows who really killed JFK or Tupac. XD

It's going to really suck waiting.... just sayin. But... I'll wait like a bad good girl.
description

Oh and... her parents?? For some reason I thought they were dead. Very interesting...

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam Great review, Mindy :) Glad it was an overall winner!

Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch) Pam wrote: "Great review, Mindy :) Glad it was an overall winner!"