Sue (Hollywood News Source)'s Reviews > Keeping the Distance

Keeping the Distance by Clarisse David

If you like To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, you should check out this book, particularly, if you’re looking for a YA novel with a boundless romance.

Clarisse David is a master of crafting an excruciating pair that you will ship deep down to the core. Similar to her debut novel, Prom Queen Perfect, Keeping the Distance didn’t deviate from its theme. It’s a coming of age as well, though the focal lens of it is romance.

Keeping the Distance focuses on Melissa, who is the daughter of the principal of a Catholic school, she’s been groomed as the perfect child. She loves pastel colors, can play the ukulele, but she also has a rebellious streak. Something that amuses Lance, her longtime classmate, who might or might not be interested with her. You can expect unsuccessful pranks that leads to detention, fighting quips, and a whole lot of swooning.

It makes me happy to see common Filipino values, I only see in teleseryes siphoning their way into YA. Keeping the Distance is riveting and theatrical. I live for the teenage fumbling. I don’t give five stars lightly so I am verifying this book is nothing, but great. Full review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping the Distance.

January 14, 2017 – Shelved
January 20, 2017 – Started Reading
January 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Hollis THAT WAS FAST

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) M. wrote: "THAT WAS FAST"

IT WAS JUST GOOD AND RELATABLE

mith hi! just wondering, is this the length of her last novella or is it longer?

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Cookie wrote: "hi! just wondering, is this the length of her last novella or is it longer?"

This one is way longer! PQP is 79 pages and Keeping the Distance has 179 pages.