TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover's Reviews > Captive Prince: Volume Two

Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

Jan 17, 2017

bookshelves: favorites, i-m-not-crying-you-re-crying, mind-fucking-blown
Read from January 14 to 17, 2017 , read count: 1

“It felt, in all the lies between them, as if this was the only true thing.”

description

Do you remember in my review for Captive Prince where I said this book/series may not be for everyone?

Yeah. Scratch that. I take it back.

This series needs to be read by EVERY SINGLE PERSON!

I don't care if you "don't do M/M."

I don't care if you "don't like fantasy."

This series is INSANE. And I mean that in the best way possible.

It has the MOST INTENSE unbearable sexual tension, the most dysfunctional crazy families, brilliant intrigue and war strategy, and one of the most satisfying, mind-blowing, ‘WTF!! HOW?! DOES HE KNOW HE HAS TO KNOW WAIT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???’ endings.

This book is so much better and so different from the first. And it is just so brilliantly written. I can’t even begin to praise this author for the time and thought it must have taken to weave this delicious and deceptive tale.

From the severe, straight-backed posture to the impersonal grace of his cupped yellow head; from his detached blue eyes to the arrogance of his cheekbones, Laurent was complicated and contradictory, and Damen could look nowhere else.

Chapter 19? GOOD LORD I had to go back and read it three times to fully digest the beauty that is that chapter. I didn’t think C.S. Pacat would be able to sell me on Laurent and Damen. <--what lies. She didn’t sell me, she blew my head off and obliterated my heart:

The warm, sweet kiss had been broken in a moment of promise: the first slight parting of lips, the hint that Laurent had been on the cusp of allowing the kiss to deepen, though his body had been singing with tension. When he closed his eyes, he felt how it might have happened: slowly, Laurent’s mouth opening, Laurent’s hands lifting hesitantly to touch his body. He would have been careful, so careful.

___

‘You want to take me, as a man takes a boy.’
‘As a man takes a man,’ said Damen. ‘I want to take pleasure in you, and to please your body with mine.’
He said it with soft honesty. ‘I want to come inside you.’ The words rose, like this feeling within him. ‘I want you to come in my arms.’
‘You make it sound simple.’
‘It is simple.’

Because those two? That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do slow burn.

Stirring drowsily, Laurent shifted a fraction closer and made a soft, unthinking sound of pleasure that Damen was going to remember for the rest of his life.

And the best part? This second novel has caused me to completely appreciate the first in a way I didn’t think possible. So many things make sense now. So many theories are running through my head. The sometimes extremely brutal violence from book 1 has been replaced with a quick-paced plot filled with betrayal, deception, and battles among a unsure but beautiful romance.

The complexity of these characters and the lies and twists are JUST BEYOND FASCINATING.

READ IT! READ IT! READ IT!

Find Me On:
InstagramFB PageFB BlogBlogTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Prince.

01/14 marked as: currently-reading 2 comments
01/16
25.0% "He remembered the feel of Laurent’s hair, his skin, and fought the urge to press against Laurent’s lips with the pads of his fingers."

The. tension. is. killing. me.

photo S_zps3eksitdg.gif"
01/16
58.0% ""The slave lies in no bed but mine."

photo l_zpstytjwoss.gif

OMG CAN THESE TWO JUST KISS OR SOMETHING I AM DYINGGGG" 5 comments
01/17
67.0% "HOLY FREAKING PLOT TWIST!!!!!

photo S_zpsrsw2vsfk.gif"
01/17
78.0% ""Friends," said Laurent. "Is that what we are?"

It's happening. It's going to happen, right?!? PLEASEEEEEE tell me this moment is finally here before my head explodes

just kiss photo K_zpsbupoi3oq.gif"
01/17
87.0% ""I want to take pleasure in you, and to please your body with mine. I want to come inside you." The words rose, like this feeling within him. " I want you to come in my arms."

photo D_zpsuo9yqfun.gif"
01/17 marked as: read

message 2: by Corina (new)

Corina So fucking true!!!! I didn't really understand what it meant to have a book hangover until this series. It was BAD!!! ;D

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Corina wrote: "So fucking true!!!! I didn't really understand what it meant to have a book hangover until this series. It was BAD!!! ;D"

MY GOD I want to re read this entire book!! I am starting book 3 today and can't freakinggggggg wait!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Great review Steph! Enjoy the last book, it was my fav of the series :)

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Rachel Reads Ravenously wrote: "Great review Steph! Enjoy the last book, it was my fav of the series :)"

thank you!! <3 half way done with that one now ;) trying not to scream as I read LOL

message 6: by Bibi (new) - added it

Bibi Amazing review, hun!

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Bibi wrote: "Amazing review, hun!"

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle Fantastic review, babe!! :D

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Elle wrote: "Fantastic review, babe!! :D"

thank you Elle!❤

message 10: by Berkley Romance (new)

Berkley Romance YAAASSSSSSS <3 <3 <3

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Berkley wrote: "YAAASSSSSSS <3 <3 <3"

such an AMAZING SERIES!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Corina (new)

Corina I received my paperbacks today, I almost hyperventilated :D

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Erm...how come this isn't on my TBR. I feel like I'm gonna get yelled at right meow...so I'll just back out slowly LOL

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Corina- I need to order these in PB! I'm sure they are SO gorgeous in person

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Lana -*side-eyes the shit out of you*

Christie«SHBBblogger» Amazing review, Steph!! I don't have this on my TBR either *runs* but you have me really curious now. ;) I hope you love the third! x

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "Amazing review, Steph!! I don't have this on my TBR either *runs* but you have me really curious now. ;) I hope you love the third! x"

SIDE EYES YOU TOO CHRISTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lmao. Book 3 was amazing. you mustttttttt add this!