Z's Reviews > The Heavenstone Secrets

F 50x66
Jul 23, 2011

it was ok
Read in July, 2011

I am a huge fan of V.C. Andrews books, and I've always had high expectations of them. But, I regret to say, that this book was just a disappointment. Whoever the ghost writer is, I think they could have done a better job.

There's a common saying among us young people about girls in clichéd scary movies whom, when they sense a potential murderer in the house, go to investigate it: "Run you stupid f***ing b**ch, run!". Pardon my language, but it proves a point. That has been my feeling throughout this entire book. It came to a point when I wished I could slap some sense the protagonist and slap some sanity into her sister.

The entire family in this book was, annoyingly, so oblivious. I honestly thought that they deserved all the crap they went through. If they are dumb enough to buy all that bull, they deserved to live with the consequences of their actions.

I could go on ranting about this book and how much I was disappointed, but I'll stop here. I won't stop being a V.C. Andrews fan, but I hope that I won't have to deal such disappointment again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heavenstone Secrets.

02/10/2016 marked as: read