Ki's Reviews > The Devil's Submission

The Devil's Submission by Nicola Davidson

bookshelves: arc, ebook, own

It was hot hot hot! And I absolutely loved Grayson. He is just such a wonderful husband and man.

I've got say, I didn't think it could get any sexier and steamier after the first book in the series but man oh man, I'm absolutely loved it!

And I am definitely in love with Grayson.

He's just the best husband and gentlemen ever! Not saying this because I adore beta heroes, and Grayson is a sub, but he's just too lovable. I loved how he was written as the one who was afraid to take the next step into this taboo subject in sex as a sub. Men of that era or any time actually, were taught to be the dominant player in the relationship and Grayson just couldn't put himself in that position, despite how much he craved that small bit of pain mixed with pleasure. And if he were to reveal that to Eliza, it might just scare her gentle sensibilities.

Eliza is feisty and knows what she likes. She can sometimes get herself into trouble, which can cause lots of things to happen , like not good things but then again it did help with the trouble too, so I guess it turned out well. But yeah, she can be a bit too ready to act without thinking it through or holding back. I adore that she was the one to push for that next step even though she herself was unsure of what it might lead to. Not as gentle as her husband had thought or of those who tried to make her that way, she just likes being curious and being headstrong. However, being a dominant wasn't really what she was going for but because she craved to have something more out of her relationship with Grayson and out of their marriage, it just came natural to her when Grayson craved the same thing but with a little pain attached.

And seeing both Eliza and Grayson together is just electrifying. Both want to express their desire and hunger for each other but there's that tension and barrier of the unknown and forbidden of the deep dark pleasure that lurks deep down within them, that might frighten the other away. So having them finally give into their deepest and darkest passion was so well worth it. They both learned to accept who they were and to understand each other and their needs after lots of self reflection and loving. Of course talking about it too worked because they needed to hear it that they were loved and accepted just the way they were, so it's all good.

Oh! and this kind of story just reminded me of another, or two others authors that write steamy ecrotic historical romances... Jess Michaels and Lavinia Kent. Shout out to them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Submission.

Finished Reading