Angie's Reviews > Viking Warrior Rising

Viking Warrior Rising by Asa Maria Bradley

Feb 21, 2017

liked it
bookshelves: after-dark, fantasy-romance, paranormal-romance

Synopsis: "Immortal Vikings are among us.

Leif Skarsganger and his elite band of immortal warriors have been charged to protect humanity from the evil Norse god Loki.

Under attack from Loki’s minions, Leif is shocked to encounter a dark-haired beauty who fights like a warrior herself. Wounded and feverish, the Viking kisses her, inadvertently triggering an ancient Norse bond. But when Naya Brisbane breaks away and disappears before the bond is completed, Leif’s warrior spirit goes berserk. If Leif doesn’t find her fast, he’s going to lose himself to permanent battle fury.

But Naya doesn’t want to be found...and he’ll do anything to find her. Because they’re both running out of time."

My Review: I received this book as a bonus for pre-ordering another one, of course you offer me Vikings and I am going to jump at it. I enjoyed the characters, especially Naya with her tough attitude to match her skills. While I liked Leif, something was just missing a little bit for me, he didn't stand out the way I expected, maybe it was his instalove that just didn't work with the whole warrior vibe. At least Naya fought it a little. This was an interesting combination of Norse lore and modern day science and technology, it made for a unique twist on what could have been a cliché plot. All in all a fun little escape and some promise for future books with some of the sub-characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viking Warrior Rising.

January 13, 2017 – Shelved