Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"'s Reviews > Sealed

Sealed by Piper Lawson

18451976
Jan 13, 2017

Recommended for: fans of light and quick witted stories

4 stars
An ARC has been kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

photo Sealed_zps8jxlqqu1.jpg

It’s now the fourth book I’ve read by Piper Lawson and the third of her Travesty series.
For fans of the series Sealed is about Dylan and Lex trying to make their long distance relationship work. He is studying in California and she’s working her butt of in New York growing their fashion business with Ava and Jordan.

Well let me tell you being miles apart s@cks. They’re trying to follow a schedule to see each other once a month but it’s still frustrating!
Dylan is still madly in love with Lex and he wants to build his future with her. You’ll even get a very cute moment when he’ll recall what he felt for her when he was a kid. Now he’s in New York for some days to chase future employers and he’s some great plans he wants to follow in this short span of days.
Only… all will conspire against Dylan and his day will completely unravel. I read this and thought about some movie where the hero has a big plan just to see everything go to Hell as problems are piling up (think about Very Bad Trip if you want).

What worked really well for me: the humor and banter. That humor is Piper’s trademark and it gives something fresh, light and funny. Just to give you some idea: Dylan has just arrived surprising Lex and they’re kissing passionately in Ava and Jordan’s presence “Jordan rose from the couch, brushing herself off and crossing to the door. “Where are you going?” Lex asked. “To buy a pregnancy test. Watching that might’ve made me conceive.”
I liked reading about their “After” and how Travesty was growing thanks to that wonderful girls team. Nate will also sweat some in this story as he did some blunders and he’ll have to grovel (some) to be forgiven.

If I was laughing and smiling thanks to Piper’s quick-wit I would have loved to feel overcome by emotions at some key moments in the story. Feelings were certainly presents but there just was this little thing missing to amp up the emotions and make me give it 5 stars.

Would I recommend this book? That’s a resounding yes if you like light and fresh stories without too much angst about young adults trying to make everything work!

You want to follow all my reviews and rants? Sign up for my newsletter at:
Or follow me on Facebook:
Twitter:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sealed.

January 12, 2017 – Started Reading
January 12, 2017 – Shelved
January 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ Happy reading :)

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana Great review Sophie :)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Anna's Ramblings ☘ ͏͏ wrote: "Happy reading :)"

Thank you Anna!!! xx

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" ♕Miss A♕ wrote: "Great review Sophie :)"

Thank you Miss A (PS could you send Superman my way too ;-))

Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews* Fabulous review, my friend! xoxo

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Terrific review Sophie :)) xx

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ Amazing review Sophie!!!! xoxo

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Another fabulous review, Sophie!

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Fantastic review, Sophie! xx

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Sweet review, Sophie!!! xx

message 11: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Awesome review Sweetie :)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Tijuana wrote: "Fabulous review, my friend! xoxo"

Thank you so much Tijuana!! <3

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Karen wrote: "Terrific review Sophie :)) xx"

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ wrote: "Amazing review Sophie!!!! xoxo"

Thank you Danielle!!! xx

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Danielle wrote: "Another fabulous review, Sophie!"

WOW, thank you Danielle!!!! <3<3<3

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Fantastic review, Sophie! xx"

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Jenny wrote: "Sweet review, Sophie!!! xx"

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Jessica's wrote: "Awesome review Sweetie :)"

Thank you so much Jessica!!! xx

message 19: by Coco.V (new)

Coco.V Fantastic review, sweet Sophie! :) xx

message 20: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Superb review, my dear!!!
I really have to read this series.... ;D xx