Kunal's Reviews > False Idols

False Idols by Jon Hollins

liked it

Ok, so I think it's fair to say I was not expecting that! (think of this comment as you wish)

This book in my opinion is very different to the first, where the original was witty comedy, this is more slapstick and satire. The first had a very simple but entertaining story, this book is a slightly more disjointed and gets a while to get going. Granted, when it does pick up a bit it is interesting enough to keep my attention. I did in particular miss the monologues from the Dragon's that we were provided with in the previous book, if you were after those then don't expect it. In fact, I wanted more of the Dragon's in general.....

Like the first, this book is funny (albeit in a different way) and had made me laugh out loud on public places whilst reading on more than one occasion. What disappointed me somewhat with this novel is that I felt the plot was slightly disjointed in parts and the pacing was off i.e. too slow or too fast. The general story was no where near as exciting as the first and the book frankly bordered on silly at times (though I will re-iterate some of this 'silliness' was in fact pretty funny)

What I will say is, the final act of the book does get somewhat darker and keeps me interested enough to see how the final book wraps up. I probably won't be as excited as I was for this book however I will see the series through.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Idols.

January 12, 2017 – Shelved