Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Committed

Committed by Jason   Collins

bookshelves: favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

The book contains a lot of unexected behaviour of the character, not sure yet if I'm happy with. The first thing I am a bit confused is the fact that Corey is teaching in a prison. The plot is built on this but it is only the beginning of the book which takes place there. Also the accusation of Corey's boss are a bit exaggerated... I am not sure what to do with this character.

Sometimes the main character had a lack of action, they endure things a bit passive and other things are described in a really detailed way, so there is the danger of boring the reader a bit. I didn't find it boring but it was sometimes hard to follow the character's motivs..

Also did the book contains a low steam according the sexual tension. There is a spark between the two, Corey and Dustin, but it could be better displayed. All in all it could have been more tension between the character. I am also a bit disappointed we saw more about the whole issue with Dustin's exboyfriend than to focus on the relationship between Corey and Dustin. A lot of potential was wasted a bit... A pity...

All in all though I was entertained and it was a good book with a solid way of writing and Jason Colins is really good in creating a story you can follow. If he avoid a few of the named things the books improve, I'm for sure and I realy hope the next books will show this. :)

I give it 4 out of 5 stars because of a solid writing and a thrilling plot.

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Committed.

January 11, 2017 – Started Reading