Anniek's Reviews > Falling for the Best Man

Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby

Jan 11, 2017

Emmy loves living at Wishing Bridge Farm in a small town in Connecticut. She owns this farm together with her sisters Pepper and Bec. Her sisters want to sell the farm, but Emmy is working hard to prevent this. She's determined to turn it into a vintage wedding venue. If she can convince the bank manager that her business will be successful she can get a mortgage on the farm. Her plan is to buy her sisters out, so she will be the only owner of Wishing Bridge.

Emmy is a wedding planner and is making the preparations for a big wedding. Due to unforeseen circumstances the best man needs a place to stay and Emmy offers him a room at the farm. She goes to the airport to pick him up and when she sees him she's more than surprised the best man turns out to be Christopher, a man she hooked up with for a weekend 2 years ago. They have some unresolved business and the attraction is still there. Is there room for love in Emmy's ambitious plans?

Emmy is sensible and quiet with a special skill to fade into the background. She's a people pleaser and finds it difficult to stand up for herself. The fact that Emmy is working so hard to keep Wishing Bridge Farm, and therefore has to go against her sisters wishes, made me cheer for her to succeed. She's such a sweetheart and I connected with her immediately. I always love it when that happens.

Christopher doesn't do bad days. He learned a long time ago that if you want something to happen, you go out and do it yourself. That includes being happy. Christopher is a travel writer and he visits the most exotic places in the world. Emmy stood him up at the airport two years ago and this still stings. Christopher is confident and even a little arrogant at times. He pretends he is tough, but he is actually very sweet and caring once he lets someone in. I immediately liked his character and loved his wanderlust.

Falling for the Best Man is a heartwarming love story. Emmy and Christopher couldn't be more different, but it turns out that opposites do attract. They have great chemistry and they actually have more in common that they thought. Because of the fact that I'm getting married myself this year I enjoy reading books about weddings even more than usual. I loved reading about Emmy's beautiful farm and I could instantly visualize what a gorgeous wedding location it would be. Falling for the Best Man is an easy, fun and quick read. It's such a lovely romantic story, I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for the Best Man.

Started Reading