Clever Girl's Reviews > Royally Roma

Royally Roma by Teri Wilson

I really enjoyed this one. It's a fast read, just over 250 pages, but it packs a big punch.

Both Julia and Niccolo have secrets they can't escape. Niccolo is at a breaking point. He's been the responsible one, the one that cleans up the messes, who does the hard thing, but when he sees the woman with the red painted mouth, who doesn't know who he is, mistakes him for her client he seizes the opportunity to escape himself - at least for a few hours.

Julia is a strong person too. Her life was upended and she moved to Rome to start over, to make a life for herself there. I loved Niccolo and Julia together, the way they build off of each other, they're better together. I loved the setting, the sightseeing, journeying around with Julia and Niccolo on the Vespa, seeing all the famous sights.

There were a few misses for me, I didn't like the beginning, I would rather have started without the glimpse of the future, and the ending felt too abrupt. I wish there had been more after the grand gesture, but I guess that's a good thing, leaving us wanting more. Overall I enjoyed Royally Roma and am excited to learn that the next book in the series, another retelling, will be available soon.

Disclosure: eARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royally Roma.

January 10, 2017 – Shelved