Cathy's Reviews > To Move the World

To Move the World by Regina Sirois

F 50x66

This was an interesting book for me. I've really enjoyed the Power of the Matchmaker books this year, but I might have to say this one is the one I've enjoyed the least. Not that it's a bad book, but there were a few things that bugged me. Number one is that this one was really hard to get into. The way it's written, kind of Eve's journal on her new typewriter didn't help the characters jump off the pages the way that other books that I've read do. The plot was hard to want to read. I really didn't care about Eve's sheep farm troubles...maybe that makes me horrible!

I did like all the interesting characters in this one, her best friend Theo was really a lot of fun and I loved the way she cared for Eve when Eve needed her most. The Doran brothers, Jonathon and Marion were an interesting study in opposites. Marion is kind of the one who flies by the seat of his pants and has a girl in every port. Jonathon is the steady one who will be taking over for his sick, wealthy father. I had a hard time with Alan, the man that Eve is engaged to, I agreed with Theo on him, he was kind of boring and I didn't like the way that Eve always felt she had to be a certain way for him or he didn't like her.

I wished that Pearl had been a bit more prominent in this one. She was in only two scenes and if I hadn't been looking for her I wouldn't have found her at all.

I did end up getting into the story by the end and I was satisfied with the ending, but for me it took a really long time to get there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Move the World.

Started Reading