Kate's Corner 's Reviews > Sex in the Sticks

Sex in the Sticks by Sawyer Bennett

Highly amusing and very entertaining. That had me rollicking on the floor with all its glory. The last frontier of real men. Welcome ladies to Sex in the Sticks.

After having enough of metrosexual men in New York, enough of the shopping they like to do. Enough of the stock market and hair products Valentine French takes her cousin Jeremy’s advice and moves out to where the ratio of men to women is 15:1.

Alaska, here comes trouble.

The way Valentine comes off at the beginning of the book basically standoffish and a bit of a snob I was thinking oh, oh this isn’t going to go well.

But…

Ms. Bennett did such a good job with Valentine that I could just help but not like her. The more I saw the more down to earth she is. Yes, she is wealthy but she doesn’t go out of her way to flaunt it. As a dating and sex advice columnist which she does more to peeve her family off than anything she else. For her blog, she tries the dating pool in East Merritt.

I mean you can’t not like her when this comes out of her mouth

“Then call a car service for me,” she says dramatically. “I can’t believe this town doesn’t have a damn cab in it. This truly is the wilderness.”

Not to forget that she gets lost in the woods because of her dogs. Her dog nearly gets eaten by an imaginary bear. With the added spice of dates going wrong the Grizzly Plate incident. The Moose Poop Drop you will love it all.

Logan Burke Chief of Police originally from Seattle. All around good guy has also taken a liking to the new gal in town but has treated her with respect. I loved their interactions together there is a good buildup of chemistry between the two. He says that he is helping her because he is the Chief of Police but that is a lie. He even goes shopping with her or what you can call shopping in East Merritt. This isn’t New York Valley.

“I have to get ready. Shower, hair, makeup. And I have to let Sassy out. I can be ready in, say… an hour and a half.” Logan laughs. At me. Shaking his head but still grinning with amusement, he says, “You got fifteen minutes to have your butt in my truck”

The sex scenes are steamy yet have a touch of banter.

“I’m not crazy about your dog because she jumped up on the bed the other night while I was fucking you and licked my ass,” I grumble.

But Logan also screws up by listening to the gossip mill instead of from the horse’s mouth. But earns the right back to date her again that they are exclusive.

For once the heroine must grovel which I loved although the Hero is stubborn but gets his act together. But boy did she screw up. Big time. Anybody could see what she was doing wasn’t a frigging good idea.

I just might be on my best way to beginning a Sawyer Bennett fan but only more books will tell.
There is no o/w drama.

Review can also be found @ http://jerisbookattic-reviewblog.blog...

photo New ARC_zpsdpyxs3wn.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex in the Sticks.

January 10, 2017 – Shelved
April 11, 2017 – Shelved as: makes-me-laugh-makes-me-smile
April 11, 2017 – Shelved as: law-enforcement-fire-and-more
April 11, 2017 – Shelved as: rom-contemp
January 3, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

maggieandteddy Great review Kate. Looks like a great change of pace story

Kate's Corner maggieandteddy wrote: "Great review Kate. Looks like a great change of pace story"

Thanks hun. Yes it is :-)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) I just finished posting my review. I didn't LOVE it.

Kate's Corner Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "I just finished posting my review. I didn't LOVE it."

Really?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate Phoenix wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "I just finished posting my review. I didn't LOVE it."

Really?"

Ya, it was OK. My problem was the two main characters. The whole blog angle felt petty especially when everyone was so nice to her. Not to mention i found it highly unlikly she would use real names and occupations considering Logan was the ONLY chief of police in that town. On top of that I though Logan held on to his grudge WAY too long and I wanted HIM to grovel to get HER back. *lol*

Like I said in my review, maybe I am in a mood. *lol*

Kate's Corner Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Kate Phoenix wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "I just finished posting my review. I didn't LOVE it."

Really?"

Ya, it was OK. My problem was the two main characters. The whole b..."

Sometimes a lot of books are mood dependent.